Pam

From: Anne McGuire
GHGRC rescue volunteer
Houston, Texas
vintage@flash.net

The Gr. Houston Golden Retriever Club rescue has a rescued Golden in
foster care that we strongly believe may be a dog someone is looking
for.    I'm asking the list's help in spreading the word.

"Ted" was found stray in north Houston.  He appears to be maybe 8 yrs
old.   He is neutered, probably some time ago. He is medium height,
blonde in color.   He is heartworm-negative which in Houston means that
he must have been on heartworm preventative OR brought into this area
very recently.  We are unable to locate any tattoo or microchip on him.

Ted is VERY sweet, highly social with any people and dogs.  Crate
trained and hops right in a crate when it is opened for him.

Ted knows UTILITY obedience hand signals!!!    He heels beautifully -- I
don't mean walks nicely on a leash -- this dog HEELS with attention like
a dog trained for competition obedience.  He responds to word READY by
looking at your face --- ie. has had competition obedience attention
training.    He eagerly retrieves, waits to retrieve until sent, is
steady on the line -- maybe has had some field training?

It is hard to believe that anyone who had trained this dog to this level
would NOT be looking for him now.    It is possible that Ted was stolen,
and may have been brought to Houston from who knows how far outside the
area.

PLEASE HELP US spread the word about Ted -- if his owner is out there
looking for him, we want to find them!    We will be keeping Ted in
foster care for while to try to locate his owner, before making him
available for adoption.   If you or anyone you know has lost a Golden
that might meet this description, PLEASE CONTACT us, even if it was some
time ago or not in the Houston area.    If you do obedience training,
please help spread the word at shows and at the facility where you
train.
If you have any information that might lead us to Ted's owner, please
contact his foster mom -- Lisa Ducher at 281-429-7214  (from Houston,
dial 1 first!).<<<<<<<<<
--
“If you own a dog, you’d better have a sense of humor”
<http://www.unclehams.com>