Re: [PyrNet-L] invisible fencing

Emily,

I have had a very interesting experience with invisible fencing.  First -
above all -- remember that invisible fencing "may" keep a dog "in" but it will
NOT keep intruding animals out.  Invisible fencing that I am familiar with
requires the dog to wear a radio collar and is shocked when the dog crosses
the line.

My experience involves Aslan and the Pizza Man.  Many years ago, I went to a
friends house and took both Sekhet and Aslan.  We all decided to have pizza
for dinner and called for delivery.  Half an hour or so later, the dogs were
barking and racing toward the driveway.  My friend had invisible fencing all
along the driveway and on the road side of the house.  The back was fenced
with traditional chain fencing.  Both Pyrs had on the radio collars and
everything was turned "on."

Moments later the pizza man was attempting to get out of his car to deliver
our dinner.  Well, Aslan's favorite food was Pizza and nothing, not even the
shock from the radio collar was going to stop him from getting his pizza!  He
charged through the boundary -- shock and all and confronted the pizza man.
Yes, he yelped, but heck, what is a little shock when there was pizza on the
other side!

Sekhet was the princess she always was and simply waited for the pizza to be
brought to her!

As for the pizza man, I later heard he would not ever go back to my friend's
house!

Stephanie and Paddy