Re: [PyrNet-L] invisible fencing

>    Can anyone tell me if invisible fencing is effective with a pyr, or if
>they could possibly break through it or not respond.

I have had countless people tell me that invisible fences just don't work
for Pyrs.  Apparently that instinct to guard large areas is just a lot
stronger than the fear of pain...they will simply take the shock and go when
they think something needs checking out.  On the other hand, invisible
fences do not keep intruders, stray dogs, etc. out of your yard.  In our
area there was a dog stolen out of his yard.  He turned up at a shelter 60
miles away.  I recently read an article which talked about dogs (all breeds)
associating the shock line with danger and attacking anyone that comes
across it.  One person I talked to said her dog knew when the power was out
and would take off (he got hit by a car).

Charlotte