Re: [PyrNet-L] Re:French vs US & UK Pyrs

<< How much of a difference is it? Can you describe it with measurements
 maybe? >>

No, I have never measured.  There is a considerable difference.  Now do not
read into this that that is the only difference, it just is immediately
apparent difference at least to me.

<<This I have seen - not in an autopsy but in the repair of a severely
ripped one - there are muscles and tendon in there.>>

You are saying that the dew claws have muscle and ligament attachments
directly to them?  If so what function do they supply?

<<I need an illustration on this one Joe - do you have one? I'm a very
visual person.

Don' t think I can draw with aol.  It is the occipital protuberance.  It is
pronounced and triangular.  It seems to add length to the back skull, but I
suspect it is more an indicator of a different bony confirmation.

<<I wish more breeders here were as fanatical about pigment. I see allot
of poor pigment up this way, especially in the all whites, including one
of my own - she's a snow noser.
Could some of it be a difference in climate or feed?>>

I think you have to discriminate between concern and fanaticism.  Fanaticism
will forsake all else in the face of even the most minor or even suspected
fault in an area.  We breed the whole dog and should place all else in its
proper order of importance.  That's what I speak.  How much use is a superbly
pigmented dog that is horrible in the front and rear.  Its a matter of
priorities.

Joe