Re: [PyrNet-L] Nationals video

> << Arrangements were made to do a video after complaints were made on the
>  Friday of the show.  Apparently Domino had wanted a huge down payment
that
>  the show giving club couldn't afford. >>
>
> I am told tha Domino did not get the sales needed last year to justify
the
> cost.  If we want professional video we must be willing to pay somewhere.
> Video records are important and a historical necessity.

I agree, we do need a video of our yearly National!  Perhaps there are
other ways to go about it?  Do we have anyone with the club who could
volunteer to videotape the National as best they could, and then as copies
are made for club members (who would purchase them), the profits could go
to the GPCA? That is, of course, after the videotaper has regained his/her
costs?  Is this feasible, and legal?

 I don't suppose we could hire a photographer to videotape the Nat'l, pay
him, & then make our own copies (that probably isn't legal, is it?).

If there is already a committee to handle this, I hope nobody thinks I'm
stepping on toes or something.  If not, perhaps there should be?

Just a thought - - and I've only had a little coffee so far this morning,
so I hope my brain is awake enough!  <g>

Patti Brunkala
menditar@grrtech.com
Oregon