Re: [PyrNet-L] Nationals video

Patti Brunkala wrote:

> > << Arrangements were made to do a video after complaints were made on the
> >  Friday of the show.  Apparently Domino had wanted a huge down payment
> that
> >  the show giving club couldn't afford. >>
> >
> > I am told tha Domino did not get the sales needed last year to justify
> the
> > cost.  If we want professional video we must be willing to pay somewhere.
> > Video records are important and a historical necessity.
> >
> I agree, we do need a video of our yearly National!  Perhaps there are
> other ways to go about it?  Do we have anyone with the club who could
> volunteer to videotape the National as best they could, and then as copies
> are made for club members (who would purchase them), the profits could go
> to the GPCA? That is, of course, after the videotaper has regained his/her
> costs?  Is this feasible, and legal?

You have a great idea there - it would be nice if the club reaped some
of the profits from the video.

>  I don't suppose we could hire a photographer to videotape the Nat'l, pay
> him, & then make our own copies (that probably isn't legal, is it?).

My dad is a photographer - it would be legal if the photographer agreed
to take a flat fee and let people just copy one or two masters.

> If there is already a committee to handle this, I hope nobody thinks I'm
> stepping on toes or something.  If not, perhaps there should be?

Having been involved with the 95 National - I can tell you the video is
the host club's responsibility and not a requirement to be done. Because
the National moves from year to year it can be difficult to have the
same person or company do it from year to year. I think Joe mentioned
the man that did them for many years - I have a few of his and they were
reasonably priced and nice to have. I also have the '93 video that has
some cherished memories on it done by the college, also reasonably
priced(I'd have bought that one at any price tho<G>)

Lisa