Re: [PyrNet-L] Nationals video

Folks,

The problem with discussing sharing the "profits" of a National Specialty
video is that there are none.  Our University did the 1993 video as a
class project, and if we had rented the equipment at our regular rates it
would have cost about 3 times all the money taken in selling 83 copies.

The Domino tapes from 1997 were very well done, but I wondered how they
expected to make money on them.

If we have an enthusiastic member willing to donate the labor and use of
equipment, then I think that's very commendable--but be aware that it IS
a lot of work!  If a college or university video department can undertake
it as a class project, that's also a win-win situation.  But don't expect
either the host club or the GPCA to make much of a profit on this activity.

I think to be realistic we need to view the video as a service to GPCA
members and other Pyr lovers, and not as a fundraising activity.

David

 David Kintsfather              | PHONE:       (610) 683-4497
 Dept. of Telecommunications    | FAX:         (610) 683-4659
 Kutztown University            | INTERNET:    kintsfat@kutztown.edu
 PO Box 730                     |   "We need not think alike to love alike."
 Kutztown, PA  19530-0730       |                Francis David