Re: [PyrNet-L] invisible fencing

> I don't want to put a damper on your getting invisible fencing, as there are

Have to weigh in with a strong NO vote on invisible fencing. It has been
used successfully with many Pyrs. But, it did not take very many years in
Rescue to notice that when we got a call saying that someone had to give up
their Pyr because it bit the mailman or a neighbor kid, that there was an
invisible fence involved in a FAR greater percentage of the cases than should
be expected by its actual number of installations.

Given any small bit of a temperament flaw, inadequate bite inhibition or
insecurity, in a territory patrol/guardian dog with a heavy coat and fabled
pain tolerance and it's our opinion that these fences are disasters waiting to
happen.

Maureen & Dave Simon              msimon@ptd.net
Whitehope Great Pyrenees
Harrisburg, PA 717-545-4477