[PyrNet-L] invisible fencing - thanks

    Thank you Maureen and Dave, and everyone else who has given me feedback on
the invisible fencing. I have gotten a lot of yes and no answers to my
question, but I have analyzed them all in the situation I'm in, and I think I
have decided yes.
     Most of the deterrent's I have heard have been about biting the mailman
and neighborhood kids, etc. We have a unique situation here because we don't
live in a neighborhood. We live out in the country with few other houses
nearby. The mailbox is out of the boundary the fencing will be in, and all of
our dogs know the mail lady personally, and she gives them treats when they
greet her.
     I thought about the other factors, that they might go wild and break
through and bite, but then I thought about my dogs. Belle and Zuni are both
pretty docile females under 90 pounds. They have never shown agression towards
anyone but they're german shepard companions in play.
      The fencing is mostly to control them from wandering off when we are
working out in the yard with them and can't keep constant watch. I wouldn't
want them to go off and it get dark and they run into some coyotes.
        So, thank you to everyone again for your feedback. I feel I am making
the right decision in my situation. The main purpose of the fence is just to
keep my dogs from harm, and I think that that is what it will do. If not, I'll
just have to take a different route around the problem. Thanks again for your
help, this list is truly a wonderful device!

-Emily Hainsworth (with Belle, Zuni, and those rough and tough German Shepard
sweethearts)
Castle Rock, CO