Re: [PyrNet-L] Judges / Standards

> The Great Pyrenees Club of America is responsible for judges' education.
> That committee asks long-time Pyr people to act as "mentors" to educate
> judges and judges-to-be in their area.  I think that Ruth Marcy (list
> member) was in charge of the mentor program. Ruth had some trouble
> resubscribing after the National...are you there Ruth?

Yes, the GPCA is responsible to educate the judges but, if I remember
correctly they don't educate all judges(juniors/obedience). Sometimes
the exhibitors must gently tell the judges the errors in their
preception of our standard. Like the Juniors judge that told my daughter
that she didn't present the tail or the provisional judge at the small
show that put up the dog without left rear dewclaws(pet shop puppy,
newbie owners). The GPCA can only do so much. I also don't believe there
is a mentor person in my area.

Lisa