Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: French vs US &Uk Pyrs(Long)

This thread has been really fascinating to me.  Most interesting to hear
from Ian that he feels that Pyrs in the UK are getting shorter (I do think
Pyrs in the US are getting taller)  For those new to the list, Ian is a
long-time Pyr breeder and judge from England.  I was fascinated by Lene's
description from M. Mansecal about how to see if the dog has too much stop -
had to try that out on our dogs.  Then Joe's thumb method had to have a try
too (most of my dogs did well on that one).

One of the comments that has struck a bell for me was Adrienne's comment
about a "smooth head".  This is what I like to see too.  The other thing is
the "wedge" or triangle shaped head.  When I look down from the top at my
dog's head I want to see a smooth triangle shape to the head - not a pear
shape.  No bulges for eye brows or hollows under the eyes.  Some heads are
pear shaped and some even are shaped like shoe boxes, but I want a wedge or
triangle shape.  Just my 2 cents worth.

Charlotte