Re: [PyrNet-L] Nationals video

>Now it is reported that the clubs holding the specialities balk at
retainers.  Seems we are asking for "no
>tapes" other than amateur.

Joe, in fairness to the show giving club, those retainers can be
substantial.  A small club cannot always come up with that kind of cash,
even with fundraisers in advance of the event.  After all, there are a
number of areas where the cash is needed to set up the show....

I agree that the tapes are valuable....  however, I don't own one.  We've
got some amateur footage, but when you translate $40 plus into Canadian
funds plus shipping and handling and duty and taxes, there is much less
incentive for me or at least greater thought given to the purchase.

Now I'll "stir the pot"...if the videos have such historical importance, why
isn't GPCA taking this over as part of the historical committee?

C.

Colette & Warrick Wilson
Avignon Reg'd Kennels
Great Pyrenees/Berger des Pyrenees