Re: [PyrNet-L] Nationals video

David P Kintsfather Jr wrote:

> Lisa,
>
> To sum up, the COST of doing a high quality video, duplicating it, and
> shipping it will come to just about what the average Pyr owner is willing
> to pay for a video, with no consideration of profit for the company doing
> the taping.  This suggests to me that we need to look at non-profit
> individuals or organizations willing to undertake the project for love of
> the breed or as a learning experience.

Now, please don't misunderstand - I find the same true in most breeds
not just ours. Most of us would rather spend money on our dogs than
video's commemerating the occasion.
I think it's something that needs epole to actively look for a company
that can do it at a price more people are willing to pay, if it takes
looking for those non-profit organizations or those that love the beed
well...

When I was helping my dad with the pricing when he was still thinking
about it, he figured that he could produce a quality video for about $55
for the whole show. But, he OWNED or could borrow at no cost most of the
equipment. What I'm trying to say is that  maybe with a little work, the
host club could find someone that would be willing to do it besides the
certain comapny previously mentioned -  maybe a local
videographer/photographer.

Please remember I'm a photographers daughter that grew up in a darkroom,
before there was video(oh poop, I am that old<G>)

Lisa