Re: [PyrNet-L] Aggression and Pyrs

<< i guess i'm frustrated with all the stories with pyrs having the instinct
 to know what is a real threat because mine clearly doesn't.  imho, we need
 a wider range of behavior discussions in order to solve these very real
 problems of all pyr owners.  stories of how good pyrs act in certain
 situations are endearing but they don't help those of us struggling with
 rescue or other pyrs that act uncharacteristically like the breed. >>

Hi Susan

While there are "things" that can be done with these dogs there are limits.
Some "things" cannot be changed any more than color, height, etc.  i.e. they
are bred into the dog.   I speak here forward not toward your dog but breeding
in general.  Some (many?) breeding should never be done.  Some pyrs will never
reflect the breed character we all adore.  While much can be done, again there
are limits and maybe if you have exhausted them all you are left with this
reality.

Joe