Re: [PyrNet-L] dominance/aggression

Joan Ziehl wrote:

> > I was not replying to you.. :)  But I will now.
> > Absolutley.  Your pyr bitch probably could have scaled the fence.
>
> while I agree with most of what is posted here by Adrienne, I do want to
> point out if your dog has a poor rear, or hip problems, scaling a fence
> is not an option.  My boy has not the best rear, and he rarely if ever
> leaves his feet.  Now maybe sometimes he wished he could go over the
> fense, but reality is a good teacher.   If he had been confronted with
> the same situation as Dianne's girl, I would hope that he would have
> reacted the same way.  But it is fun to play devil's advocate, eh?!
>
> I think that it was Joe that pointed out that Adrienne's posts are based
> on mostly working dogs; if that is the case, I do think that a whole
> different set of rules apply.  Any thoughts?

Oh Joan! you left that one wide open. I had a dysplastic girl that when
she was "mad" at me would find a weak spot in the fence and crawl under
- or - if she couldn't go under - climb over. I am never surprised at
what a Pyr will do once it sets it's mind to it.

I also had a Pyr that had broken her hip socket as a small puppy and I
was told by many that her movement was beautiful. She could also scale a
fence, if she wanted but, she rarely tried, she could also leap over the
couch in the living room - no problem.

Lisa