Re: [PyrNet-L] dominance/aggression

On Tue, 12 May 1998 08:30:03 -0700, Rj Woods wrote:

 >> My 4 Pyrs act exactly like your Travis. But what's funny is that
you
 >> call it "dominant" and I've always called it "submissive" LOL!

 >I would call it a dog who has confidence in himself and doesn't
haveto be
 >a bully or brat to prove it.

That's a good way to phrase it, that fits perfectly. When I think
"dominant" I always think "pushy and aggressive". I know that's a
totally different way than most people think of it. That's probably
why I consider my dogs "submissive". Because they aren't bullys or
pushy. They just mind their own business and don't cause any other
dogs problems for no reason. But they'll bow up and bark when strange
people pull up into the driveway. What the "strange people" don't
know though is that if they walked into the fence, my dogs just want
to be petted <g>.Whatever it's called, I sure love how my Pyrs act.
Mitzi Potter
Pyrs-R-Us@popline.com
OKC  OK
4 Pyrs, 1 mix, 2 Goldens and a Newf.....and still counting :-)