Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: MOVIE: "A Couch In New York", Great Pyrenees

In a message dated 5/14/98 3:14:51 AM Pacific Daylight Time, MagEBroD@aol.com
writes:

<<  Maybe I
 belong on that shrink's couch in the movie, but I can't believe this dog was
 just one dog.  Maybe that's why he wasn't mentioned in the credits!!!  Bunch
 of different dogs in tiny bit parts all edited together throughout the film??

I haven't seen the movie, but I think that Janice has stumbled on something
here.  I seem to remember hearing that most animals that play large parts in
films and TV have "doubles" or even triples.  Each dog can perform specific
"tricks" that are needed for the script.  Maybe this is what they did with
Romeo.  Perhaps they used several different kinds of dogs that has a "similar"
appearance, and it would only be us true dog lovers that would throw out the
whole movie and pick the dog apart trying to figure out what breed it is.  I
think this assumption on their part is not very well thought out.  I do not
think they have any idea how many people are fanatic about their dogs!

Sandy