[PyrNet-L] Pyr Epilepsy

To the list:

I hope someone has information concerning the propensity of the Pyr to
epilepsy.  Our beloved Pyr (Beau), who is one year old today, experienced a
seizure two weeks ago.  We immediately took him to the vet for a look see.
The vet found a small abnormality in his thyroid; gave us some pills and
told us to watch him (after a lecture concerning general info on epilepsy
in dogs).  Beau experienced a second seizure two days later.  After giving
him prescribed thyroid medication, he experienced no more siezures until
yesterday.

Yesterday he had seizures about every 6 hours.  Needless to say, back to
the vet (who is great, I might add).  However, Beau is currently residing
at the Vet's for observation.  Additional tests (CBC, saliva for distemper)
were taken.  The vet says maybe he has distemper; however, he received all
of his vacinations at the proper time; has no fever; but is experiencing
grand mal seizures.

Does anyone out there know if Pyr's have a genetic pre-disposition?  Is
this common in Pyrs?  We are very concerned, obviously, and the more info
we have the better we will feel in working with the vet to get Beau back home.

Thanks in advance,

Terry