[PyrNet-L] PLEASE Help! Barking problem

Hi all!

I have been lurking for about a month now and have really enjoyed this list.
Now I must come out of hiding because my mother is very concerned about a
puppy we sold.  The person who purchased the pup has called because the puppy
won't stop barking during the day.  She works out of her home and keeps the
now 4 month locked in a crate during the day because if the puppy is in her
office it tries to "play" with all her business papers on the floor.  We have
told her that our best guess is the puppy does not want to be locked up when
it knows she is home (she said that she and her husband have left the home -
with the pup crated - and waited outside and she doesn't bark).  They took her
to a trainer for  a day who kept her in the crate...the dog barked ...and the
trainer suggested one of those "shock collars" to break her of this bad habit.
She wants our advice.  Our problem is that we live on 20 acres and our pyrs
are outside-only dogs (ok..we spoil our 5 month old and let her in the kitchen
occasionally).  We have never had this problem and no other puppy purchasers
have ever called with it either.  Any ideas?

Thanks
Holly

p.s.  A little introduction to our pyrs....  Nicodemus Bottom (Nicky) is our
male.  He's 4 years old and loved by all (he's even been on the front page of
our small town newspaper).  We have four females - Miss Ellie (who we
"rescued," she is the matriarch of the clan, we had her spayed and she is also
known as "porky pup" - any ideas about dealing with weight issues?), Miss
Scarlet (my favorite -shhh..don't tell), Tara, and our latest is the 5 month
old Savannah who we purchased in North Carolina.  We also have a 10 year old
golden retriever, and four miniature shih-tzus who all live inside.