Re: [PyrNet-L] PLEASE Help! Barking problem

Gmu4n6er@aol.com wrote:

> I agree with all the comments about the poor pup being bored.  The problem is
> we have told the new owner that!!!  How do you convince a new owner that she
> has to change her own behavior?  My mom and I also think that the new
> owner/mom is the part of the problem because the husband does not have these
> problems with the pup.  Should we recommend that the pup (and the woman) go to
> obedience school?  Or is the pup still too young (4 months)?  Next time we
> talk to her we'll suggest the garage and the super kong ball.  Thanks for all
> the help...keep it coming!
>
> Holly

I do obedience training professionally.  There is no minimum age to
start with training, the sooner the new owner gets started, the better
off she and the pup will be.

The new owner needs to work with the pup, then if she plans to keep her
indoors the pup won't do all the playing (with work paper) that the
owner is not wanting.

Hope things work out, it's tough being a new owner of a pyr or any breed
if you are not used to being in control.

Susan
Schonberg Farms