Re: [PyrNet-L] Pyr in Kill Shelter - Rescue Story

    Wow, that brings back memories. We saw a picture of our girls Belle and
Zuni in a newspaper, and we just knew that was it. We went to the shelter and
walked up and down the aisle twice without seeing them. Every dog in there was
barking its head off, and it was gut-wrenching even though it was a no-kill
shelter. I saw a beautiful young husky with brilliant blue eyes that I could
have taken immediately, but I restrained myself. Finally, I went down to the
end and leaned over a yellow rope separating a few extra cages. There they
were, looking a little confused and bored, but they wagged their tales, happy
to see people. They were eighteen months old. They had been separated because
Zuni was sick with diarrhea. They had been debarked by their former owners. We
also later found out that Zuni had a cancerous tumor, but it's now removed and
she is recovering well. I'm so glad we adopted these girls. The shelter where
we found them soon after closed under mysterious circumstances, and it hurts
me to think what would have happened to these two sisters if we hadn't been
there. Good luck with your new boy. I know he is grateful for you, and you
must be happy with him. I know we are happy with our girls.

-Emily Hainsworth
Castle Rock, CO

p.s. Belle and Zuni were formerly named Geneva and Bear. This seems to be a
popular name, but I would take your side against your husband in changing it.
:)