Re: [PyrNet-L] Litter Runts

I'm on the Pyr list because we're waiting for a rescue to adopt us.  For what
it's worth, even though this is not a Pyr story...

Two summers ago my daughter (then 7 yrs old) fell in love with a baby Jack
Russell terrier.  He was the BIGGER brother in a litter of 2.  We visited him
daily.  While she held and played with him, I spent time with the runt.  The
runt was tiny, shy to the point of being shaky and, I thought, lonely.  When
they were 8 wks old we brought the big brother home.  He is a very strong,
classic-looking J.R.T.  My sister adopted the runt, Jax.  One ear doesn't
stand up, both ears point out a little, he's 1/2 the size of his brother --
and he is ALL personality and a bundle of love!!  (Thank goodness my daughter
still loves the big one.)

Good choice and good luck.  Instincts are rarely wrong.  Donna