Re: [PyrNet-L] Litter Runts

JGentzel@aol.com wrote:

> Too many myths about runts to deal with.  Sort of the underdog (groan- VBG)
> complex.  In our experience the runt or smaller dog at 5 weeks will not
> necessarily be a runt at maturity.  Unless there are other underdeveloped
> features, I would not pay much if any attention to this.  Lets make sure you
> are not talking about a dwarf?  Thats a whole different story.
>
> Joe

  I agree with Joe. I have had the smallest (noticibly smaller) of  9 puppies,
turn out to be a 31" - 135 lb male. He was the Mascot for the Special Olympics
for 3 years and a Therapy dog, also a big Mush ( you know a real sweetheart<g>).
Sometimes they may not get as large as the biggest in the litter.

Kim Lasley
Mistry
Ramona, Ca.