Re: [PyrNet-L] CHAT: Pyr that bit

<<  However...re-read the entire story
 again.  It took me a third reading to truly *see* what the dog was
 reacting too.
 naturally we tend to want dogs to give children some le-way.  However in
 the world of the LGD a predator is a predator.  The child, even though
 harmelss, was acting in a threatening manor.  (at leas tthe way the
 story reads she was) >>

The story was so convoluted that I suspected it not very accurate of
circumstances and facts.  The only reliable facts are that a child was bitten
by a Pyr.

Not permissible, even with a misbehaving child.  Our beloved Pyrs actually
know when animals, human or otherwise are children and are historically
exceedingly tolerant of same.  I agree with Mitzi the Pyr should have growled,
bark, sniped, etc at the misbehaving child, but not bite him.  I believe the
dog is very suspect at this point and is a potential real danger.  Hope we do
not read further exploits of this dog, but would not be at all surprised.

<<However in
 the world of the LGD a predator is a predator.>>

Adrienne may have put her finger on the problem, as a child should almost
never be viewed as a predator by a Pyr.  I see no indication of this child
acting with a degree of aggression that the Pyr should have mistaken it as
some real threat to its charges. The child clearly was wrong and should have
been disciplined for same, but the dog simply cannot be allowed to bite
misbehaving children.  A proper temperament behavior Pyr would not do same
under almost any circumstances.

Joe