Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: Pyr that bit

> Thanks for listening!  I've never written to this list before but have
> enjoyed all the posts!   Beethovan surely is no show dog but a very well
> beloved Pyr!
>
>Recently temperment was being discussed.  And  any long time breeder
will tell you temperment is hereditary.  While I do not know if the pyr
that bit, should be euthinized, I was not there to see the event....I
can and will say it is definately a dog that should never even be
considered for breeding, nor would I want anything related to it.
Temperment is what makes or breaks this breed...it is what allows them
to co-exsist with us and what decides wether or not they (the dogs) will
have good judgement.
	By no means am I trying to scare you, but simply try and make
everyone aware that our dogs walk a fine line.  They must be guadians
without being viscious.  They must reason but reason with re-straint.
When these animals are bred without reguard to tmeperment....that is
quite often when you get injuries and or even death.
	To protect the breed we must protect *what* the breed is.

--

Adrienne Wilder  www.stc.net/~draggon/index.htm (pet portraits)
Murrayville GA

"Oh, to be loved by a dog!"