Re: [PyrNet-L] The `Guarding' instinct and `Common Sense'

<< I guess what I'm trying to relate here is that I've never had a dog here
that
 I didn't feel I could `trust' to do the `right' thing in the appropriate
 circumstances. >>

When you read the history of the breed you discover that many years ago in
France there were many robbers I believe termed "Highway Men" that robbed
people on horseback and in coaches.  Pyrs were noted for their innate ability
to discern those people with bad intentions for the rest of the populace
traveling the roads.  So the breed has a rare innate ability to pick up vibes
and historically is known as a dog who is able to tell when force is needed
and when it is not.  That's why they call tell your adolescents just visiting
a friend from one who might not be so friendly.

Joe