Re: [PyrNet-L] Girl that was bit

> You are one of the lucky ones then, I know too many male pyrs that do
> not like children and NO they did not come from Bad breeders,

If the breeders are continuously producing bad temperments then they are
bad breeders...I am sorry.

 or Bad
> parents.

Temperment is genetic....does the sire hate children?

  They are from some of the top breeders in the country.

Doesn't mean a darn thing

 These
> males just don't tolerate children of any age.

Then they are *incorrect* according to what great pyrenees are supposed
to be.

My bitch and others that
> I've seen, think children are wonderful.  When I'm at a show with one of
> my boys and a child comes up to me, I am always well aware of what my
> dog is doing.  The look in my dog's eyes are always "get me away from
> this kid".
> Then the temperment of the dog is incorrect.  The sex should not matter.

> Some people say that its different when a male pyr is raised with small
> children, that the males tend to bond more than a female would.  But
> then again look what happens, a child gets bit.  Just because a male pyr
> bites a child or anyone, does not mean that the parents of this male pyr
> were bad.

Not nessasarily no.  It does mena that the pyr that bit is incorrect,
shoudl *never* be bred, and more than likely shoudl be euthinized.

  When are people going to stop putting blame always on the
> sire and dam.

Its not the sire and dam's fault, its the breeder's for continualy
breedign the same dogs of those lines that are producing poor
temeperment.

 It could be that this dog was not obedience trained, or
> taught what and what not to do.

Sorry but obediance training will not prevent a dog from being a biter.
There is a very important part of the pyrenees temperment called, bite
inhibition.  A pyr must have it.  Ones that don't are very dangerous.
Pyrs are self thinkers, they reason for themselves.  Bite inhibition is
a must becasue without you have a very, very, dangerous dog.

I think that this topic as run its
> course.  I think that people are starting to blame others who are
> voicing their opinion on why this dog bites and what to do with him.

It may have run its's course.  But the discusion, while it bagan being
the tragedy of a child...has become, what is acceptable in the pyrenees
temperment.
	Biting without provication, is by no means acceptable no matter
the sex of the dog...I am sorry...I don't care if the dog is the all
time winner, had an OTCH, or is some grand import...its wrong and it
should never, never, never, be bred....in fact, it should probably be
euthinized.

--

Adrienne Wilder  www.stc.net/~draggon/index.htm (pet portraits)
Murrayville GA