RE: [PyrNet-L] Pyr in Jeapordy?

One of the first rules I was told about rescue is that you can not pay
anything for a dog. Makes alot of sense because it will probably cost you
money to have the shots/neuter/food/transport/ etc. and when you place the
dog will not recoup. Another dog will need you more. If someone has placed
an ad in the paper to sell the dog they will probably find a home themselves
which is really their responsibility to do (they probably want their money
anyways). I think rescue lies more in getting dogs out of the kill shelters
or strays that have absolutely no options or if owners/breeders (not
slamming any breeders so don't take it that way) do not take responsibility
for their dogs and the next step is the pound. So it doesn't always work
this way in real life but is a decent guideline. Some people think rescue is
for any dog in need but have to think that it comes down to the often noted
sentiment that you can't save em all so save those you can. That comes from
people far more experienced and knowledgeable. Kelly
 ----------
 I was
thinking of calling a woman nearby who might be able to, but first I want to
know if this dog really needs rescuing. Here is the add, spelled and written
exactly how I found it:

Great Pyranees, 8 months, male. Purebred, no papers, $100.

     I've never seen an ad for a Pyr in this paper before, so I was
surprised.
Please give me feedback about what you all think of this. Thanks.

 -Emily Hainsworth
Castle Rock, CO