Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: Biiting

I too used to rescue and own Old English, about 10
years ago I stopped.  I had one male that was the
sweetest thing this side of Sunday.  He was not
neutered the first few months and was 2 year old but
let my 2 year old crawl all over him and he would
play so gentle.

When he passed away unexpectedly I brought in a
female.  She unfortunately was part of a professional
breeders puppy mill (I use the word professional as
she showed dogs all over the US and had champions but
not in the spirit of what I would define a REAL pro)
Anyway this bitch was spayed and she started alright
but up front she seemed a bit reactive and touchy in
family situations.  Like those you described.  After
working with her for three years she was diagnosed
with rage syndrome.  She deteriorated to the point of
being angry more than naught and we had to have her
euthanized.  Not meds or training stopped the
evitiable, but it delayed it enough for her to enjoy
some time here before being put down and just too
tempermental and risky.