[PyrNet-L] CHAT: Those at the rainbow bridge

What a time. First read Adrienne's post about Sebastian and wrote back to her.
Then went to work and a male co-worker had called in because he was too upset
to come in as he'd just put his dog down. Then at a company potluck after work
another co-worker said she'd just put her cat down today.  Then Today I call
the nice widow next door to see if she and her dog want to go on a walk with
Albert and I. She's missing her dog the past two days. Also one of her cats is
missing and another  cat of hers was found shot to death. What is up?? I told
her I'd take Albert and go walking in a mile radius of her home and call her
dog and look around. No sign of either her cat or dog, though when we did. She
has no photos of them, but I tell her we can still call radio station, papers,
and post signs and call neighbours, etc. She decides to wait one more day, in
hopes they come home. The weird thing is that the pup had quit wandering after
neutered. Another neighbour had complained about barking, she said. Lately dog
had been acting scared and hiding under cars in attached carport. There are
coyotes around, too and I think that's what happened to a cat of ours a year
or so ago. Never knew for sure, though.
   Anyway, it's been a rough day or so for many pet lovers I know. I know what
they are going through. Unfortunately I've been there too. So hard. These
animals love us so unconditionally and so completely. They leave a big void
when they aren't around anymore.

Janice Vocke
MagEBroD@aol.com
Shelton, WA.