Re: [PyrNet-L] ring worm

In a message dated 98-06-22 15:17:31 EDT, Jbird05@aol.com writes:

<< One of the woman I work with  asked me if I had had taken my dog  to the
 groomers that day. "No I had not" "why"? Well it seems someone had brought
 they're Great Pyr into the groomers for grooming and was found to have
approx.
 3/4 of its body covered with ring worm. BOY OH BOY what a mess. Sure am glad
 that was not my dog. But I had never heard of dogs getting ring worm.Guess if
 people and cats can then, I guess dogs can to. Anyone else heard of this. >>

I took our pyr to the vet for something (I think maybe spaying, it's been
about 6 years can't remember) and was very surprised , no SHOCKED, when I
picked her up to be told that the red spots that I had thought were reactions
to fleas was ringworm.  I think my whole family ended up getting it somewhere
or another before it was gone.  I have no idea how she got it either.  But it
is like athletes foot and very hard to get rid of, especially on a big hairy
dog!

So now every time I see any red spots on anybody (2 or 4 legged) in my house I
panic!  LOL

Sandy