Re: [PyrNet-L] ring worm

> One of the woman I work with  asked me if I had had taken my dog  to the
> groomers that day. "No I had not" "why"? Well it seems someone had brought
> they're Great Pyr into the groomers for grooming and was found to have approx.
> 3/4 of its body covered with ring worm. BOY OH BOY what a mess. Sure am glad
> that was not my dog. But I had never heard of dogs getting ring worm.Guess if
> people and cats can then, I guess dogs can to. Anyone else heard of this.

Dogs do get ringworm and it can be a real mess if not caught early
especially if the dog has a compromised immune system, very young or
elderly - and they can transmit it to humans and othe creatures of the
house. Ringworm is a fungal infection, my elderly Pyr aquired it and
gave it to my kids, we never figured out where it came from but, it took
a long time to get rid of it.

Lisa