[PyrNet-L] RE: pyrnet-l-digest.19980707

I am new to this whole chat thing but am hoping that this is the proper
format to send out a query to whomever might be out there. Dave and I
are the proud new parents of a lovely 6-month old pyr named Monty who is
a delight! I cheerfully admit that I am besotted but I am new to pyrs
and am constantly amazed with their good natures.... that said, we have
a problem that doesn't seem to be going away (which we may have made
worse through our ignorance-we are also novice dog owners as well...).
Monty is usually very resposive to us and seems to be well socialized-he
LOVES people especially small ones! The one thing is that he tends to
play rough with us (part of my frustration is wrapped up with feelings
of guilt that we screwed up by wrasseling with him too rough). In
anycase, he tends to do it more with me who he considers his playmate
than with Dave who is more of an authority figure... usually it consists
of mouthing arms, sometimes bearing down hard enough to pull us over to
wherever he wants us to go... or nipping. We have tried ouch (in way to
many formats-he doesn't respond to any particular tone and probably is
just confused with the variety of responses he gets from us. We have
tried speaking sternly-no avail.  Shouting never works-he just ignores
you. We have him crate trained-so when he gets too excited we sometimes
will try 'time out' in his crate but even that doesn't work all of the
time. I have a feeling he is BORED and hyped up as a result...Dave and I
work during the day and I am afraid that won't change anytime soon. Any
tips? Is this normal puppy behaviour? Did we screw him up forever? Help!
Liz and Dave and a very rambunctious Monty!