Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: CHAT: Janet & Albert

<< You might have commented on this before- hmm, I think you did. You don't
 have a crate for him that he can't get out of. Right? We use the XL Furrari
 crate- and while it was over a $100- (I forget the exact price), I'm sure
 the potential cost in damage or replacement if Mukki were running loose-
 would be far more.

 I was sorry to hear your knee wasn't doing too well- but on the subject of
 walks, isn't there anyone else in the house who could take Albert for a
 good, brisk 15 minute walk each day (or twice a day)?

   The problem with a crate is there isn't room for one for fire safety and
just keeping an open path reasons (we have  7 doors that open off of entry
plus the stairs! Plus a woodstove, armoire, and bookshelves!) Because of
allergies we hate to put him in a bedroom with any of us in a crate. That is
when we have hardest time breathing, because of laying down. We all need a
place where we can escape the dog hair and get needed rest. We try to keep it
safe for him, but someone left bathroom door open once ( a no-no) and he
figured out how to open sports closet (now locked). The 1st wreath it didn't
even occur to me he'd try to get. Second one I thought was safer as it was
over bookcase and higher up on wall, but that didn't stop him. The other
things are things that can't be helped unless we could crate him. We were
trying to be nice to him and let him sleep inside as he has a skin condition
and thought mosquitos & gnats were making it worse and were definitely
bothering him a lot. He used to sleep outside in his pen. That's gratitude for
you!!
   Others do play with him and walk him sometimes. I used to walk with him
three miles a day at least,  but now hurts after half mile to 3/4 mile and I
turn back, making it only 1 - 1.5 miles roundtrip.So he gets some exercise
every day. I don't know if it's enough, though, that's why I keep thinking of
another dog for him to play with, as his littermates seem to practically all
have other dogs for them to play with & they think it really helps that way.

:)  &  :)```   (me grinning & Albert grinning & drooling!)

Janice Vocke
MagEBroD@aol.com
Shelton, WA.