Re: [PyrNet-L] showing heidi?

Maybe I'll just
> have her bred once before she is spayed.  Will let you know but be
> assured that whether or not she is "show quality" we will love her all
> the same.

If you don't want to take time to educate yourself to show the dog then
you definatly don't want to breed her.  Breeding is a MILLION times more
of a responsibility and cost then showing...when you breed her she has a
good chance of dying...at least showing is a bit safer.
Also, even dogs that manage to finish their champion ships are often
sterilized becasue they are not good enough...breeding is not something
to take lightly....
If you do have your mind set on it, at least get the needed health
clearances first and make sure what you breed to has its clearances
also.

Food for thought.

Alot of people think, one litter is not that many puppies.  However, one
bitch, unless all offspring are sterilized, can produce from one litter,
over 250,000 lives in her lifetime.
That is ALOT of dogs to be responsible for....

--

Adrienne Wilder
Murrayville GA

"Oh, to be loved by a dog!"