[PyrNet-L] pyr rescue question GENERAL

i haven't been on for a few months so i just recently re-subscribed and of
course as is my usual way i'm going to probably throw a critical note into
this otherwise love fest of a list (i'm not complaining).  anyway, i heard
a strange story today and am wondering a) how much of it is true and b)
what the policy is on rescuing.

i heard from a friend in the park that a pyr was at the pet store being
paraded around for adoption.  i called the trainer at the pet store and a
woman had released her pyr to the trainer because he had bitten her
boyfriend.  the trainer has spent a week straight with the 3 1/2 year old
male and after doing all kinds of assessments has found no outright signs
of real dominance or aggression problems.  she said he is suffering from
typical self-esteem issues and sensitivity to change and sounds that
usually occur in rescue dogs, etc.  anyway, here's the weird part.  i
called her to ask her if she had contacted a pyr rescue organization and
she said that what's the difference if the no-kill shelter or pyr rescue
places him, he still makes it into a good home.  i explained to her that we
would prefer to place the dog in a home that has been approved/screened,
blah blah blah.
she called me back and said that either the shelter or the prior owner
called 3 pyr rescues and all three said they would not take the dog because
he had bitten someone and recommended that the dog be euthanized.  that is
all the info i have on the conversation with these pyr rescues.  except
that i know the conversation was not with our regional director of rescue,
david totsch.  i called him today and we are working with the trainer to
get the dog placed in one of two homes on a waiting list.

my question is, is that pyr rescue policy?  if that were true my guy seamus
would have been put down long ago (remember the cheese incident last
year?).  if not, then who did they call and why did they think they were
contacting "official" pyr rescue people?

as someone who is only tangentially involved in rescue, i would like to get
everyone's opinion on this situation and how can we avoid this problem with
shelters getting bad info.  the good news is that there are 2 homes and it
looks like we're going to be able to place this dog in one or the other.
My first placement (besides my own rescue)!!  how exciting!

susan dobscha, seamus, the two cats willie and hank and the ghost of czar
banging around