Re: [PyrNet-L] Osteosarcoma

On Fri, 17 Jul 1998, Charlotte & Jack Perry wrote:

> that some would have put her down, but we just could not do that.  We
> hope that the cancer will not spread.  Does anyone know of anything we
> could give her to help with recovery?  We could use some prayers.

Charlotte,

I do know someone who has a golden with osteosarcoma.  One of the legs had
to be amputated as well.  Because the dog is in very good shape, he does
very well on just three legs.  It's been a little over a year that he
first was diagnosed with it and he's doing fine.  His last report
indicates that his cancer did not spread.

You should ask the vet about having her swim.  Swimming would be an
excellent way to help condition her remaining legs with the additional
benefit of the support the water provides.   I don't know of any
medication that would help.

Best wishes to you both.

David

"Life is a journey, not a destination."