Fwd: [PyrNet-L] Barking question

In a message dated 98-07-20 13:39:56 EDT, galaxi@galaxycorp.com writes:

<< m hoping someone has some suggestions for this because my neighbors are
 starting to complain. Teddy has a habit of barking at everything when she's
 outside. >>

We were also having the same problem having nearby neighbors starting to
complain
about our females Pyr pup's barking. We also have a male Pyr who only barks
when its appropriate.  Not wanting to make enemies out of our  neighbors we
went to seek advice from our vet, on his suggestion he told us that for
barking, he suggested distraction, ie., shooting with a water gun, shaking a
can filled with coins, etc., so far this has worked wonderfully. It does mean
that you must go outside each time they do for awhile until they start to get
the message, but for us at least it was well worth it..Hope this helps
some..Sue

---- Begin included message ----
I'm hoping someone has some suggestions for this because my neighbors are
starting to complain. Teddy has a habit of barking at everything when she is
outside. I swear she can see things to bark at that are blocks away because
when I look I don't see anything. I tried breaking her of it by making her
come in the house whenever she barks but I don't want to keep her in all the
time because she loves it outside so much and actually seems healthier and
happier now that she is outside alot. Anyone else have a problem with
barking and how did you stop it? I have 4 other dogs but none of them bark
this much.

Galaxi

---- End included message ----