Re: [PyrNet-L] New puppy

Eileen,

Please contact your breeder first.    If he/she is unwillingly to help you
then you can either do as the others have said - get someone who is
knowledgeable about the pups pedigree or have her put down.    Sometimes
there can be a chemical inbalance which also can lead animals to behave
agressive - I have personally seen this.
If at all possible maybe your vet can do some tests for her and see if
everything is normal.

Also, please do check the GPCA web page as well.    My breeder gave me a
list of "Do's & Don'ts" with a Great Pyrenees.   We kept it up on our
refrigerator for a long time.    It helped us treat this breed with the
respect and carefulness that it deserves.    Sometimes we unknowingly can
train an animal to behave in a manner which is unacceptable, however, what
you are describing should be left up to someone who is extremly experienced
to do temperment testing.    This takes many many years of experience - so
please try to do as much research as you can on the person you choose to
test your pup.

I wish you the best of luck and please keep us updated.

Take care,
D. Migas - NJ