[PyrNet-L] "Bargain Finder" puppies

Here in Calgary, we have a weekly paper, which advertises all manner of
items for sale - from cars to pets. Unfortunately, there are always several
columns of "giveaway" pets - and frequently Pyrs at bargain basement
prices.[$50/$100etc]. Bargain finder means just that!

   When I arrived home from the office this pm, a member of the GPCC had
faxed me an ad from that paper - today's edition, for purebred Pyrs - of
excellent breeding - complete with a cute puppy picture! The person who
faxed me the ad was as horrified as I am,as the advertiser is a member of
The Great Pyrenees Club of Canada. It seems that the Canadian club has no
policy whatsoever on such advertising - and I cannot believe that a
responsible breeder would use a cute puppy picture to encourage a
spontaeous emotional
response from the public.

   What do others feel about this? Do clubs in the US - or elsewhere - have
any such policies?

              Geraldine