Re: [PyrNet-L] new nippy puppy

Gerry,
I thought your post was very good - laughed at memories of perforated
clothes from playful pups. I heartily second your statement as follows:
Gerry Kemske wrote:
> with him, the
> alpha rolls and angry yelling were worse than useless - they always made
> him step up his rebellion to the next highest level.

Time and time again I've heard tales of dogs that get worse when the
owner tries to us alpha rolls or staring down a Pyr. They seem to take
that as a challenge.  We tell puppy buyers to stay away from obedience
classes that use these methods.  A gentle method of calming a pup is to
stand stradling the pup and gently hold and pat his chest.
Charlotte