[PyrNet-L] dog collars

Hi Ken, It's kathy.....We use a sturdy nylon choke collar.....they are very effective without being punishing.....there seems to be a raging debate concerning the pinch collar.  Some trainers feel that it can tend to make a dog more aggressive because it feels similar to a dog biting the back of the neck of the dog wearing the pinch collar.

If you've been following the continuing saga of  Heidi's training, you have probably gathered that we try to avoid any type of aggressive training methods.  When researching the Great Pyr breed, one of the "things not to do" was to correct them in a harsh way.  They do much better with gentle persuasion.  We have found this to be, for the most part, true. Again, this is our opinion only.  Someone said earlier today that each dog is UNIQUE.  So you get to make yet another choice in this life. Good luck!!!

Kathy, Joe, Chewbear(Sammy) and Heidi(pyr)
Wish you well.. Woof, Woof