[PyrNet-L] Hello!

Hello, I'm new to Pyrnet.  I am the lucky mom to a three year old PYR named
Klondike.  He is all white and 130 pounds, and his hobbies include couch
dragging, sprinkler guarding, and mud wrestling.   My hobbies include couch
repair, hose repair, and dog washing.  It's a good match.

Klondike is about the easiest-going dog I have ever met.  He doesn't jump on
people, he responds well to "OFF!", and he heels when we go for walks.  I
credit this latter accomplishment more to the presence of his pinch collar,
which he ONLY wears on his walks.  I figure for such a high-performance dog, I
need a little power steering...  And I fear choke chains.  I was in the vet's
office once when a Golden Retriever came in with a collapsed trachea.  It was
horrible.

I am wondering, however, if anyone can give me some tips on the "come"
command.  I am reluctant to let the big guy off his leash even in the off-
leash areas because I am not sure he will get back to me in a reasonable
amount of time.  When I call him to come, he responds less than exuberantly.
He leisurely strolls over to me, sits in front of my face, and makes himself
available for a cookie.

I have loved reading about your precious PYRS, and I am so sorry about the
loss of Sebastian.  I have seen the support in the past few letters, and I
hope they've provided some comfort.  I truly believe my PYR will be waiting
for me when I finally make it to Heaven.  (I'm counting on the "only the good
die young" theory here...)

It's nice to meet everyone, and I look forward to hearing more about your
PYRS!
~Becky