Re: [PyrNet-L] experience

The escape artistry of the Pyrenees is a known denomination here.   After
several years of fighting with the teenagers and then between myself and my
husband about not locking gates and leaving them open so animals could get
out my husband actually caught the culprit.  Our first Pyrenees BJ could
and did open any and every gate on the place, from the vee over the post to
the horizontal and vertical slide latches, chains and hooks, the gravity
feed latches were a piece of cake even the goats and sheep figured them
out.  We resorted to the oversized screen door hook and eyes that were
quite tight and took some effort for us, that was more of the same, gates
would be open that we knew we had shut and locked.  We finally came up with
one of the oversize hooks, that also has a gravity drop hook from the
bottom where it is a double hook from either side.  We can still open it
with one hand but so far B.J. hasn't figured this one out though he
regularly tries.   This dog opens and closes doors and gates that he has to
pull to him.  I have often said that oil and water are easier to contain
than a determined Pyrenees.
Beverly Coate
C&C Farms  Stigler OK
bcoate@cwis.net