[PyrNet-L] puppies

Hello to all.

I was the person having trouble with my puppy growling and acting a little
aggressive. She is learning to behave herself and is mostly an affectionate
puppy. She is now 12 weeks old. I give her a lot of attention as I am home
with my boys for the summer. She does have her quirks, one of them being that
she gets kind of out of control in the evening. I don't know if this is
because she is overtired or undertired. I try to see she gets plenty of
exercise so she will sleep through the night.  Would it be okay to leave a
leash on her in the pm, so I can correct her without having to put my hands on
her? When I try to get physical with her, such as grabbing her collar to put
her in her room, this is when she struggles with me - she does not submit to
being handled when she's in this state. Thankfully, she is not like that
during the day. And last night, she was very peaceable and good natured. So it
is an occassional evening thing.

Also, what type of collar is best for training a puppy? My puppy trainer uses
a pinch collar on her 4 month old lab. I told her I didn't think a pinch
collar was right for a 12 week old. Does she need one or not? Lastly, why does
she eat dirt and small pebbles? (the puppy not the trainer)

Thanks,
Eileen Milzcik