Re: [PyrNet-L] Worry-wort

Deanna,

I will give way for the more knowledgeable to answer the technical side of
your concerns.  I had a male Pyr, Aslan, who was severely dysplastic.  He was
diagnosed at 8 months of age and lived to be 8 years old.  He had a very full
life.  He was obviously not a conformation dog, but he did some fantastic
Therapy Dog work, had his Canine Good Citizen Certification and his
Temperament Test Certification.  He was protector of TeaTime, my rescue
Tibetan Spaniel, and guarded her with his life, literally.

If you are concerned that your little one can live a full life, the answer is
yes, with extra care and admittedly some over zealous spoiling.  If you have a
good vet who you would trust with your life, and are open to alternative
methods of treatment, then all should work out.  No, probably not the life you
envisioned but it can be a very rewarding relationship in spite of, or because
of, the disability.

Keep us posted on the outcome of the upcoming vet visit.

Stephanie and Paddy