Re: [PyrNet-L] pups need help

I am having a very difficult time getting one of the rescue puppies to eat.
(Somewhere between 12-16 weeks of age)  I tried the sniff test with science
diet growth, eubakanuba dry and they have no interest so I resorted to canned
waltham growth.  I can get the larger to eat the canned, so I am grinding the
eubanakuba into a powder to try to get some added nutrition into them (and
hopefully wean them off the canned and onto the dry totally).  I think it is
lack of human bonding, fear, and depression over leaving the only life they
knew (living in an acre fenced in area with 6 adult dogs and the rest of their
litter with no human socialization, eating whatever food they could get from
the adults' dishes). The first pup went to his new home, but these 2 females
are going to need a lot of help.  The vet checked the first one and said
"undernourished, underweight and probably full of worms".  They weigh 20-25
lbs each and have now been wormed.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I try giving them fresh water
every 1/2 hour or so, and they do drink, but even that is not great.  I just
resorted to a syringe and squirted 2cc at a time of ground eubakanuba (a
whopping 10cc total) and she vomited it back up. Last time I used pedialyte
when I had similar problems with pups, do you recommend that?

Thanks again for all the help and support,

Marcie