Re: [PyrNet-L] pups need help

On Sun, 9 Aug 1998 17:13:47 EDT, Dogsownme@aol.com wrote:

>Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I try giving them fresh water
>every 1/2 hour or so, and they do drink, but even that is not great.  I just
>resorted to a syringe and squirted 2cc at a time of ground eubakanuba (a
>whopping 10cc total) and she vomited it back up. Last time I used pedialyte
>when I had similar problems with pups, do you recommend that?

Oh, Maricie! You're going to make me sad again :-(  I'd definitely
try the pedialyte. That's what my vet always recommended. When I got
my older female Pyr she had several health problems and refused to
eat. I resorted to hand feeding mashed up hot dogs mixed in with
canned food. At that point I was alot more concerned with getting her
to eat than I was with "spoiling" her-which she needed anyway. The
very most important thing is making sure they get enough fluids, so
I'd get all the pedialyte down them that you can. I don't know about
other Pyr pups but all mine have been very sensitive and stress seems
to just throw them off and like I told Lisa, they just sort of "shut
down". Meat babyfood is another thing we used to feed at the animal
clinic when an animal wouldn't eat. I remember sitting with baby
kittens many times and feeding them watered down meat baby food from
a syringe. One drop at a time. I'm assuming the pups haven't had any
shots, I hope they haven't come down with anything.
Let us know how they're doing.
Mitzi
Pyrs@prodigy.net
OKC  OK