[PyrNet-L] The Dreaded Crate:

Subtitle: The Rest of the Story

Hi Gang, It's kathy......Heidi went through much the same "trauma" over the crate as Ken describes.......the more we sympathized & paid attention/made eye contact, the worse it was.  Hubby told you we put crate in bedroom but that isn't all of it.  We also had one in the kitchen with a BIG BEN clock ticking beside it & the radio on low (elevator music) and a big old quilt in it.  We are down to one large crate in kitchen with quilt & radio when we go out.  The advice about you, Ken, feeding & handling as much as possible also worked for us, but in our case it was me who had to become more involved.  I spend extra "fun" time with her by brushing her.  Also, we put a treat in the crate each time she is to go in the crate.  She's especially fond of Snausages.

The crate we use is a "MIDWEST CLASSIC COLLECTION, model 710wh. It's 48L x 30W x 35H.   We got the best price at PETSMART.

Kathy, Joe, Chewbear(Sammy) and Heidi(pyr)
Wish you well.. Woof, Woof