Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: PyrNet-L---- Breeding

I'd
> be interested in what others have to say about linebreeding and
> outcrossing........

This could be interesting, Sandy. Personally I prefer to linebreed as
well. I like it either really tight or very loose - I try to stay put of
the middle ground. I do realize one can get themselves to a point where
an outcross is neccessary. I tend to study breeding patterns of some of
the well known and quality producing bloodlines(more than just Pyrs) and
use that as a guide - this is very time consuming study as to understand
a pattern or a breeding plan of someone you can't talk to one must study
as many generations as possible. I can say of the bloodlines I have
studied, they are all linebred with outcrosses only occasionally.

Lisa